Sunday, September 9, 2012

Monument Park


My husband and I have been talking about starting a blog for a while to post our many food and travel photos but never really got to it until today. Tonight I couldn't take it anymore after reading this cute blog, which I found via houzz. Truth be told, I'm not new to the blogging scene, having had a few blogs on and off in the past 10 years but none seem to quite 'gel'. Hopefully this one would stick around for a bit. Ok, maybe more than 'a bit'.

Alright, enough rambling. On to some photos the husband took and I edited when we visited Monument Park of Taman Tamadun Islam (Islamic Civilisation Park) last week. It was our first time there despite having lived in Terengganu for close to 2 years. The Monument Park is within walking distance to the famous landmark of Terengganu, the Crystal Mosque, as both are situated within the refreshing Islamic Civilisation Park. I say refreshing as there are not many places in Malaysia that provides a specific spot for the public to be enlightened about Islam.

The Monument Park showcases "23 great Islamic monuments that reminisce the rise of Islam into a sophisticated global religion" (TTI guidebook). It costs RM15 per adult. There are family packages too but I didn't take a photo of the signage. If you didn't get what I mean, it means that's the way I remember things now, via photos of things. Erm. Yeah.


Each visitor gets a 'passport' to enter the park. Love it!
Inside the cover of the passport.
At the exit, they would stamp your passport again to show you completed your visit. Yay!

All photos taken using Olympus Tough TG-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...